In metazoans, the discovery of cell type-specific, a non-random higher-order organization of chromatin and long-range intra- and interchromosomal interactions between genes and their regulatory element, point to the functional interplay between 3-Dimensional genome architecture and gene expression. Recent data suggest that active and repressed genes from different chromosomal regions spatially constrain and functionally organize in conjunction with RNA Pol II-enriched transcription factories or Polycomb group (PcG) enriched silencing factories respectively. Moreover, the chromatin architectural protein CTCF or/and cohesion mediates long-range chromatin interactions and are thought to bring distant chromatin elements to the sites of ongoing transcription. However, the causal relationships between genome architecture and gene expression in the context of various nuclear subdomains and epigenetic features at a genome-wide scale are yet to be determined. In this regard, we are interested to study the mechanism behind global interphase chromosomal positioning and its influence on the orchestration of preferential physical gene networks within the cell nucleus and their dynamic changes during the course of cellular development, differentiation and disease. In this study we use high-throughput genomic technologies, such as Chromosome Conformation Capture (3C) and related methods, utilizing a wide variety of genetic and cell line model systems (Embryonic stem cell differentiation into neurons) in combination with bioinformatics and other computational approaches. We anticipate that system-level understanding of the physical and functional organization of chromatin in the cell nucleus and its relation to various nuclear domains and epigenetic features are essential to our understanding of governing principles in the orchestration of cell type-specific gene expression programming.Professor, Department of Animal Biology, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India (from 2018)
- Associate Professor, Department of Animal Biology, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India (2013-18)
- Reader, Department of Animal Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India (2011-13)
- Research Associate, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom. (2008-11)
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom (2005-08)
- Postdoctoral Guest Scientist, Department of Development and Evolution, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden (2003-05)
- Ph.D. (Zoology), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India (1996-02)
- MSc (Biochemistry), SK University, Anantapur, India (1994-96)
- BScEd, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and Education, Regional College of Education, Mysore, India (1990-94)
No Records Available
|Sharmistha Chaitali||Ph.D Research Scholarfirstname.lastname@example.org||---|
|Satyanarayana Nadimenti||Junior Research Fellow (CSIR)||email@example.com||---|
|Yuvasri Golivi||Ph.D Research Scholarfirstname.lastname@example.org||---|
|Netrika Tiwari||PhD Research Scholaremail@example.com||---|
|Sukalpa Mondal||Junior Research firstname.lastname@example.org||---|
|Rakhee Nayak||Junior Research Fellowemail@example.com||---|
|Srinivas Kethavath||Junior Research Fellowfirstname.lastname@example.org||---|
|Prashnath Kumar Guthikonda||Junior Research Fellowemail@example.com||---|
|19||Keerthivasan Raanin Chandradoss, Prashanth Kumar Guthikonda, Srinivas Kethavath, Monika Dass, Harpreet Singh, Rakhee Nayak, Sreenivasulu Kurukuti* and Kuljeet Singh Sandhu* (2020) , Biased visibility in Hi-C datasets marks dynamically regulated condensed and decondensed chromatin states genome-wide , BMC Genomics, ,21:175,,.|
|18||Chandradoss KR, Chawla B, Dhuppar S, Nayak R, Ramachandran R, Kurukuti S, Mazumder A and Sandhu KS (2020) , CTCF mediated genome architecture regulates the dosage of mitotically stable mono-allelic expression of autosomal genes , Cell Reports , Cell press,33,15,108302 IF - 8.1.|
|17||T Sornapudi, R Nayak, P Guttikona, AK Pasupulati, S Kethavath, V Uppada, S Mondal, S Yellaboina, S Kurukuti (2018) , Comprehensive profiling of transcriptional networks specific for lactogenic differentiation of HC11 mammary epithelial stem-like cells. , Scientific Reports, ,,,.|
|16||Sornapudi TR, Nayak R, Guthikonda PK, Kethaath S, Yellaboina S and Kurukuti S (2018) , RNA sequencing of murine mammary epithelial stem-like cells (Hc11) undergoing lactogenic differentiation and its comparision with embryonic stem cells , BMC Research Notes, ,11,,241.|
|15||Parati sai Arun PV, Miryala SK, Rana A, Kurukuti S, Akhter Y and Yallaboina S (2018) , System-wide coordinates of higher order function in host-pathogen environment upon Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection , Scientific Reports, ,8,,5079.|
|14||Nadella V, Aparna M, Sharma L, Yellubonia S, Balaji MV, Palaparthi P, Madhavi B M, Mourya R, Kurukuti S, Rudel T and Prakash H (2018) , IAP antagonist controls polarization of macrophages during microbial challenge and sterile inflammatory responses , Frontiers in immunology, ,8,,1792.|
|13||Boya R, Yadavalli AD, Nikhat S, Kurukuti S, Palakodeti D and Jagan MR (2017) , Developmentally regulated higher order chromatin interactions orchestrate B cell fate commitment , Nucleic Acids Research, ,45 (19),,11070.|
|12||Zhou Y, Kurukuti S, Saffrey P, Vukovic M, Michie AM, Strogantsev R, West AG and Vetrie D (2013) , Chromatin looping defines expression of TAL1 and its flanking genes and regulation in T- ALL , Blood, ,122(26),,4199.|
|11||7. Sexton T, Kurukuti S, Mitchell JA and Fraser P (2012) , Sensitive detection of chromatin co- associations using enhanced chromosome conformation capture on chip (e4C) , Nature Protocols, ,7(7),,1335.|
|10||Raab JR, Chiu J, Zhu J, Katzman S, Kurukuti S, Wade PA, Haussler D and Kamakaka RT (2012) , Human tRNA genes function as chromatin insulators , EMBO Journal, ,31,,330.|
|9||9. Schoenfelder S, Sexton T, Chakalova L, Cope NF, Horton A, Andrews A, Kurukuti S, Mitchell JA, Umlauf D, Dimitrova DS, Eskiw CH, Luo Y, Wei CH, Ruan Y, Bieker JJ, and Fraser P (2010) , Preferential associations between co-regulated genes reveal a transcriptional interactome in erythroid cells , Nature Genetics, ,42(1),,53.|
|8||Chakraborty A, Kurukuti S, and Raman R (2009) , Involvement of androgen receptor gene in male gonad differentiation in Indian garden lizard, Calotes versicolor , Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, ,6(303),,1.|
|7||Sexton T, Umalauf D, Kurukuti S, and Fraser P (2007) , The role of transcription factories in the structure and dynamics of interphase chromatin , Seminars in Cell and Developmental Biology, ,18(5),,691.|
|6||Bergström R, Whitehead J, Kurukuti S, and Ohlsson R (2007) , CTCF regulates asynchronous replication of the imprinted H19/Igf2 domain , Cell Cycle, ,6(4),,450.|
|5||Zhao Z, Tavoosidana G, Sjolinder M, Gondor A, Mariano P, Wang S, Kanduri C, Lexcano M, Sandhu KS, Singh U, Pant V, Tiwari V, Kurukuti S, and Ohlsson R (2006) , Circular chromosome conformation capture (4C) uncovers extensive networks of epigenetically regulated intra and inter-chromosomal interactions , Nature Genetics, ,38(11),,1341.|
|4||Kurukuti S*, Tiwari VK*, Tavosidana G*, Pugacheva E, Murrell A, Zhao Z, Lobanenkov V, Reik W, and Ohlsson R (2006) , CTCF binding at the H19 imprinting control region mediates maternally- inherited higher order chromatin conformation to restrict enhancer access to Igf2 , Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U.S.A., ,103(28),,10684.|
|3||Burke LJ, Zhang R, Bartkuhn M, Tiwari VK, Tavoosidana T, Kurukuti S, Weth C, Leers J, Niels, Galjart, Ohlsson R, and Renkawitz R (2005) , CTCF binding and higher order chromatin structure of the H19 locus is maintained in mitotic chromatin , The EMBO Journal, ,24,,3291.|
|2||16. Pant V, Kurukuti S, Pugacheva E, Shamsuddin S, Mariano P, Renkawitz R, Klenova E, Lobanenkov V, and Ohlsson R (2004) , Mutation of a single CTCF target site within the H19 imprinting control region leads to loss of Igf2 imprinting and complex patterns of de novo methylation upon maternal inheritance , Molecular and Cellular Biology, ,24(8),,3497.|
|1||Kurukuti S, Ganesh S, and Raman R (2002) , Evolutionarily conserved DMRT1 encodes alternatively spliced transcripts and shows dimorphic expression during gonadal differentiation in the lizard, Calotes versicolo , Mechanisms of Development, ,119S,,S55.|
|Development and application of high-resolution genome conformation capture technology to investigate genome architecture in space and time||2018||2 Years||91||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Epigenetic mechanisms in embryonic stem cell pluripotency and differentiation||2017||3 Years||48||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Spatial transcriptional dynamics of miRNA coding genes in the maintenance of regulated gene expression patterns during cellular development and differentiation||2015||3 Years||90||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Computational prioritization and experimental validation of novel regulators required for maintenance of Hematopoietic stem cells. Total budget||2015||3 years||25||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Polymorphic dynamics of RNAPII transcriptional nanostructures in Biological system||2014||2 years||10||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Development and application of high-resolution chromatin interaction method for characterization of long-range chromatin interactions in the Eukaryotic system||2014||3 Years||25.9||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Epigenetic Regulation of Nuclear Geometry: Studies on the existence of Symmetric and Asymmetric Physical Gene Networks in the Mammalian Cell Nucleus||2012||1 year||3||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
|Dynamics of interactions between chromosomes and nuclear envelop||2012||1 year||3||CO-PI|
|Studies on epigenetic gene regulation during lactation and its impact on milk biosynthesis||2012||3 Years||74.8||Sreenivasulu Kurukuti|
- International conference on "Phenotypic heterogenecity as a driver of cancer" at IISc Banglore: Dynamic Mechanistic Breathing of Alternate Hetero and Euchromatic Compartments Accompanies Lactogenic Differentiation of Mouse Mammary Epithelial Cells. 5-9-2020
- Academic Staff College, UoH, Hyderabad: Gene regulation in 3rd dimension. 14-11-2019
- IIT Gandhinagar: Lamin Dynamics during cellular differentiation. 5-11-2019
- BITS Hyderabad. Spatiotemporal Dynamics of 3-D Genome Architecture and Gene Expression during Cellular Differentiation. 2-09-2019
- RBVRR Women's College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad: Human Genome and Beyond: Epigenomics in Drug Discovery and Development. 30-08-2019
- Gordon Research Conference, Hong Kong: Spatiotemporal Dynamics of 3-D Genome architecture and Gene Expression during Lactogenic Differentiation of Mouse Mammary Epithelial Cells. 3-9 August 2019.
- International Conference on Genome Architecture and Cell Fate, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad: Spatiotemporal Dynamics of 3-D Genome Architecture and Gene Expression during Lactogenic Differentiation of Mouse Mammary Epithelial Cells.3-6 December 2018.
- SBC Conference on Genome Biology and Disease. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal: Spatiotemporal Dynamics of 3-D Genome Architecture and Gene Expression during Lactogenic Differentiation of Mouse Mammary Epithelial Cells. 25-27 Nov 2018
- Amity University, Noida, New Delhi: Signalling and Spatiotemporal Dynamics of 3-D Genome Architecture and Gene Expression during Cellular Differentiation. 19-09-2018.
- International workshop on environmental genomics, EPTRI, Hyderabad: Microarray Applications in Environmental Genomics. 25-30 August 2018.
- International workshop on environmental genomics, EPTRI, Hyderabad: Next Generation Sequencing Applications in Environmental Genomics. 25-30 August 2018.
- Indo US conference on transcription, chromatin structure, DNA repair, and Genome instability, Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore. Dynamic reciprocal reorganization of the lamina and inter lamina associated domains accompanies lactogenic differentiation of murine mammary epithelial cells. 6-10, March 2018.
- International conference Molecular Signalling (ICMS-2018), School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India: Glucocorticoid signalling promotes global remodelling of heterochromatin domains in mammary epithelial cells. 8-10 Feb 2018.
- Aspects of gene and cellular regulation, at Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai: Dynamic reorganization of intra-chromosomal domains accompanies signal-induced lactogenic differentiation of mouse mammary epithelial cells. 12-13, Jan 2018.
- 6th meeting of Asian Forum of Chromosome and Chromatin Biology, CCMB, Hyderabad, India. “Dynamic reorganization of intra and inter chromosome domains accompany lactogenic differentiation of mouse mammary epithelial cells. 3-5, March 2017.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur: Spatiotemporal Dynamics of 3-D Genome Architecture and Gene Expression in Lactogenic Differentiation of Mouse Mammary Epithelial Cells. 10-04-2017
- Academic staff college refresher’s the program, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad: Gene regulation in 3rd dimension. 4-12-2017
- 104th Indian Science Congress, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, AP. Gene Editing Application in Animal Sciences. 3-7 Jan 2017
- CTCF meeting, Germany: Analysis of higher-order chromatin organization at mouse H19/Igf2 locus by Chromosome Conformation Capture methodology- CTCF connection. 2014
- CTCF meeting, Stockholm, Sweden: Active chromatin hub and epigenetic control of expression domains at mouse H19/ Igf2 locus. (2014)
- Invited speaker: CDFD, December 18th, 2016. “Spatio-temporal dynamics of 3-D genome architecture and gene expression during cellular differentiation”.
- Invited Speaker: 30th Annual Meeting of Society for Neurochemistry India (SNCI). 9-11 December 2016. CCMB, Hyderabad, India
- Invited Speaker: Next Gen Genomics, Biology, Bioinformatics and Technologies (NGBT-2016), Cochin, India. “Dynamic reorganization of intra- and inter-chromosomal domains accompanies lactogenic differentiation of mouse mammary epithelial cells.
- Invited Speaker: Next-generation sequencing symposium. 4-5 May 2016, CCMB, Hyderabad. Signaling and spatiotemporal dynamics of 3-dimensional genome architecture and gene expression.
- Invited speaker: Frontiers in modern biochemistry-From molecules to diseases. 23rd-24th March 2015, Department of Biochemistry, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Noncoding RNA regulatory dynamics in cellular differentiation.
- Invited Speaker: Transcription assembly meeting. 12th-14th March 2015. IISER Pune, Pune. Prolactin signalling mediated transcriptome dynamics in lactogenic differentiation of mouse mammary epithelial stem cells.
- Invited Speaker international conference on frontiers in comparative endocrinology and neurobiology, at School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad. Glucocorticoid signalling mediated Transcriptome dynamics in the lactogenic differentiation of mouse mammary epithelial stem cells 25th Nov. 2014
- Resource person Academic Staff College, University of Hyderabad on 21st Nov 2014 “Advanced methods in Cell and Molecular Biology”.
- Keynote lecture “Advanced methods in Cell and Molecular Biology”. Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India (2014).
- Invited talk “Chromatin architecture in erythroid cells” at 2th Winter Symposium 2014: Haematology: Bench to bedside (2014) Feb 10-12. CMC Vellore. India
- Invited Talk “Spatial organization of co-regulated and co-functional genes in the mammalian cell nucleus” at the Central University of Gujarat. Gandhinagar, India
- Invited Talk “Spatial organization of genes in the mammalian cell nucleus”. Indian Institute of Advanced Research. Ahmedabad, India
- Laboratory workshop on epigenetic chromatin modifications (2013) Dec11-16. “Epigenomics methods”. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Laboratory workshop on epigenetic chromatin modifications (2013) Dec 11-16. “Gene regulation in 3-dimensions”. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
- International Symposium on Karyotype to Haplotype and beyond (2013). December 8-10. Banaras Hindu University, UP, India. “Spatial clustering of co-regulated and co-functional genes in the mammalian cell nucleus.
- Indo-German symposium on systems biology (2012) Nov 27-29: Spatial organization of co-regulated and co functional genes in the mammalian cell nucleus.
- Epigenetic mechanisms in development and disease meeting, CCMB, Hyderabad, India (2012) Nov 22-24: Transcription-dependent organization of physical gene networks in the mammalian cell nucleus.
- IITMadras, Chennai, India (2010): Spatial organization of genes and the genome in the mammalian cell nucleus.
- InStem (Institute of Stem cell biology) NCBS (2010): Spatial organization of genes and genome revealed by high throughput chromatin interaction analysis.
- IISER Pune, Pune, India (2010): Higher-order organization of genes and the genome in the mammalian cell nucleus.
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK, llumina Talk (2009): 3-dimensional organization of gene networks in the mammalian cell nucleus revealed by high throughput chromatin interaction analysis.
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow (2008): Higher order chromatin perspective of gene regulation at mouse H19/Igf2 and beta globin locus.
- Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore (2008): Towards an understanding of the Higher order chromatin perspective of gene regulation in the mammalian genome.
- Insulators and chromatin domains, Baeza, Spain (2009): Organization of gene networks in the mammalian cell nucleus revealed by high throughput chromatin interaction analysis.