Systems Medicine & Therapeutic Engineering (SysTEMs Lab)
Systems & Computational Medicine: Development of Human Metabolic-Endocrine Simulator (HuMEnS project). Computational modelling for systems physiology and pharmacology to identify disease mechanisms, drug targets and therapy design for systemic metabolic, neuro-endocrine and circadian disorders.
Biomedical Informatics & Analytics: Big-data analytics for complex diseases to identify multi-omics biomarkers from network based disease signatures using machine learning, causal analysis and mechanistic models. Analysis of clinical and biomedical patient data for personalized and precision medicine application.
Therapeutic Engineering: Design of biomedical control system for chronotherapeutic drug delivery and analysis of circadian neuro-endocrine-immune dynamics for treatment of systemic inflammation and neurological disorders. Genome-scale metabolic modelling and metabolic engineering for biomedical applications.
Life Systems Engineering: Modelling and analysis of natural systems based on quantification of living systems theory for engineering sustainable development including areas of evolutionary biology, population dynamics, ecosystem/environment and psycho-social determinants of human behavior and health.
- Professional experience
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Systems and Computational Biology, University of Hyderabad, (Aug 2020 onwards)
- Sr. Scientist, Systems Biology and Metabolic Engg. Lab, Dept. of Chemical Engg., IIT Bombay, INDIA (April 2019- May 2020)
- Harvard Associate, Bioengineering Div., Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, USA (April 2019-Mar 2021)
- Research Associate, Bioengineering Div., Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, USA (Aug 2018-Mar 2019)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Bioengineering Div., Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, USA (Aug 2015-Mar 2019)
- Sr. Research Scientist, Biosystems Engg. Lab, Dept. of Chemical Engg., IIT Bombay, INDIA (Jan 2015-July 2015)
- Research Associate, Biosystems Engg. Lab, Dept. of Chemical Engg., IIT Bombay, INDIA (June 2014-Dec 2014)
- Technologist (R&D), Bio-Process Development, DSM Chemical Division, New Delhi, INDIA (Nov 2006- June 2009)
- Project Scholar, Dept. Fermentation Tech. and Bio-Engineering, CFTRI Mysore, INDIA (May 2005-Oct 2006).
- Ph.D, Biosystems Engineering, Dept. of Chemical Engg., IIT Bombay, INDIA, 2014.
- MBA, Operations and Projects Management, NIBM Chennai, INDIA, 2009.
- M.Tech, Chemical Technology, LIT Nagpur, INDIA, 2006.
- B.Tech, Chemical Technology, UDCT Aurangabad, INDIA, 2004.
|1||Sabui A, Biswas M, Somvanshi PR, Kandagiri P, Gorla M, Mohammed F, Tammineni P*. (2022) , Decreased anterograde transport coupled with sustained retrograde transport contributes to reduced axonal mitochondrial density in tauopathy neurons , Frontiers in Molecular Neurosciences, ,,,.|