- CSIR-INDIA Junior and Senior Research Fellow during the tenure of Ph. D (5½ years) in Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi 221005, India (1989-1995); Research Supervisor: Prof. Dr. K. P. Joy.
- DBT-INDIA Post-Doctoral Fellow (1½ years) at Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Uppal Road, Hyderabad 500007, India (1995-1996); Research Supervisor: Dr. Sisinthy Shivaji.
- STA-JAPAN Post-Doctoral Fellow (2 years) at National Research Institute for Aquaculture, Tamaki 519-0423, Mie, Japan (1996-1998); Research Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Hirohiko Kagawa.
- JSPS-JAPAN Post-Doctoral Fellow, Visiting Scientist and Distinguished Researcher (5 years) of CREST (JST) at Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, National Institute of Basic Biology, Okazaki 444-8585, Aichi, Japan (1998-2003); Research Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Yoshitaka Nagahama.
- Visiting Scientist (2 months) at the Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, P R China (December, 2006-January, 2007); Research Host: Prof. Dr. Wei Ge.
- Visiting Professor (4 months) at National Institute of Physiological Sciences, National Institute of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Japan (April-July, 2008); Research Host: Prof. Dr. Kazuhiro Ikenaka.
- Visiting Scientist (1½ months) at Ocean Research Institute, Tokyo Japan (May-June, 2009); Research Host: Prof. Dr. Kaoru Kubakawa.
- Visiting Scientist (2 weeks and 2 months) at University of Miyazaki, Japan (December, 2009 and April-June, 2010); Research Host: Prof. Dr. Hirohiko Kagawa.
- Visiting Professor at National Institute of Physiological Sciences, National Institute of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Japan (July-December, 2011); Research Host: Prof. Dr. Kazuhiro Ikenaka.
- JSPS-JAPAN Invitation Fellow at University of Miyazaki, Japan (December, 2011 to June, 2012, October-December, 2018); Research Host: Prof. Dr. Hirohiko Kagawa.
- Reader at University of Hyderabad from November, 2003- November, 2008.
- Professor at University of Hyderabad from November, 2008-till date.
- Head, Department of Animal Biology at University of Hyderabad from July 19th, 2012 – May 31st, 2015.
Awards, Honours, Scholarships and Fellowships Conferred
· ESCE Young Scientist-the Netherlands-1994
· STA-Japan Fellow
· JSPS Fellow (long & short term, invitation)
· CREST-JST-Japan Fellow
· DBT-TATA Innovation Fellowship (2014-19)
Outreach Research activities as Editor/Editorial Board Members in Internationally Peer-Reviewed Journals
· “Academic editor” for “PLoS ONE”, USA.
· “Editorial Board Member & Associate Editor” for “Gene”, USA.
· “Editorial Board Member & Associate Editor” for “Gene Reports”, USA.
· “Editorial Board Member” for “Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences”, India.
|C. C. Sudhakumari||RAfirstname.lastname@example.org||7989299302|
|Mamta Sajwan Khatri||WOS-Aemail@example.com||9440063655|
|A. Anitha||Ph.D Research Scholarfirstname.lastname@example.org||9493982083|
|Sonika Kar||Ph.D Research Scholaremail@example.com||8331903047|
|T. Swathi||Ph.D Research Scholarfirstname.lastname@example.org||9052943345|
|Akanksha Pranoty||Ph.D Research Scholaremail@example.com||9553776210|
|Prabhaker Sangem||Ph.D Research Scholarfirstname.lastname@example.org||9705464053|
|Anusha Narlagiri||Ph.D Research Scholaremail@example.com||8978322166|
Former Students/Projects Trainees
|K. RAGHUVEER||Ph.D||National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland USA|
|M. K. RASHEEDA||Ph.D||National Institute of Ocean Technology, Chennai|
|G. SREENIVASULU||Ph.D||National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland USA|
|I. SWAPNA||Ph.D||University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, USA|
|P. SRIDEVI||Ph.D||Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Madhya Pradesh|
|A. RAJAKUMAR||Ph.D||National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland USA|
|Y. PRATHIBHA||Ph.D||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City, USA|
|R. MURUGANANTHKUMAR||Ph.D||NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA|
|C. LALDINSANGI||Ph.D||Mizoram Central University|
|Yugantak Raj Gupta||Ph.D|
|13||Chaube R., Rawat A., Sharma S., Senthilkumaran B., Bhat S.G., Joy K.P. (2019) , Molecular cloning and characterization of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone 2 precursor cDNA in the catfish Heteropneustes fossilis: Expression profile and regulation by ovarian steroids. , General and Comparative Endocrinology, ,280,,134-146.|
|12||Nadella V., Ranjan R., Senthilkumaran B., Qadri S.S.Y.H., Pothani S., Singh A.K., Gupta M.L., Prakash H (2019) , Podophyllotoxin and Rutin Modulate M1 (iNOS ) Macrophages and Mitigate Lethal Radiation (LR) Induced Inflammatory Responses in Mice. , Frontiers in Immunology, ,12,10,106.|
|11||Anitha A., Gupta Y.R., Deepa S., Ningappa M., Rajanna K.B., Senthilkumaran B. (2019) , Gonadal transcriptome analysis of the common carp, Cyprinus carpio: Identification of differentially expressed genes and SSRs. , General and Comparative Endocrinology , ,279 ,,67-77.|
|10||Deepa, S., Murugananthkumar, R., Gupta, Y.R., Manjunatha Gowda K.S., Senthilkumaran, B. (2019) , Effects of zinc oxide nanoparticles and zinc sulfate on the testis of common carp, Cyprinus carpio. , Nanotoxicology, Taylor ,21,,1–18.|
|9||Sudhakumari, C.C., Anitha, A., Murugananthkumar, R., Tiwari, D. K., Bhasker, D., Senthilkumaran, B., Dutta-Gupta, A. (2017) , Cloning, localization and differential expression of Neuropeptide-Y during early brain development and gonadal recrudescence in the catfish, Clarias gariepinus. , General and Comparative Endocrinology, ,251,,54-65.|
|8||Murugananthkumar, R., Prathibha, Y., Senthilkumaran, B., Rajakumar, A., Kagawa, H. (2017) , In vivo induction of human chorionic gonadotropin by osmotic pump advances sexual maturation during pre-spawning phase in adult catfish. , General and Comparative Endocrinology, ,251,,74-84.|
|7||Prathibha, Y., Senthilkumaran, B. (2017) , Expression of wnt4/5 during reproductive cycle of catfish and wnt5 promoter analysis. , Journal of Endocrinology, ,232,,1-13.|
|6||Prathibha, Y., Senthilkumaran, B. (2016) , Involvement of pax 2 in ovarian development and recrudescence of catfish: A role in steroidogenesis. , Journal of Endocrinology, ,231,,181-195.|
|5||Murugananthkumar, R., Rajesh, D., Senthilkumaran, B. (2016) , Copper nanoparticles differentially target testis of the catfish, Clarias batrachus: In vivo and In vitro Study. , Frontiers in Environmental Science, ,4,,1-14.|
|4||Gupta, Y.R., Durai, S., Monica, K., Deepa, S., Senthilkumaran, B., Basavaraju, Y. (2016) , Exposure of copper nanoparticles to the common carp, Cyprinus carpio causes oxidative stress: biochemical, histological and proteomic analysis on kidney, liver and gills. , Aquaculture and Fisheries, ,1,,15-23.|
|3||Murugananthkumar, R., Senthilkumaran, B. (2016) , Expression analysis and localization of wt1, ad4bp/sf-1 and gata4 in the testis of catfish, Clarias batrachus: Impact of wt1-esiRNA silencing. , Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, ,43,,164-176.|
|2||Vigneshvar, S., Sudhakumari, C.C., Senthilkumaran, B., Prakash, H. (2016) , Recent Advances in biosensor technology for potential applications - An overview. , Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, ,4,,11.|
|1||Rao, V.V., Ningshen, T.J., Chaitanya, R.K., Senthilkumaran, B., Dutta-Gupta, A. (2016) , Cloning and characterization of a riboflavin-binding hexamerin from the larval fat body of a lepidopteran stored grain pest, Corcyra cephalonica. , Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part B: Biochemistry , ,194-195,,58-64.|
|Unravelling the role of fibroblast growth factors and signaling during gametogenesis in teleosts||2018||3||19||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Molecular characterization of genes/factors promoting testis growth and sperm maturation using teleosts fish models||2018||3||77.89||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Sex manipulation in common carp and its hybrid using index major carp, rohu: genetic and molecular endocrinological approaches||2015||3||55.72||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Evaluating nanotoxicity using food fish models of India||2014||5||44.59||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Identification of transcription factors that play dual role to synchronize mesonephric and gonadal (urogenital) development in catfish||2012||3||46.03||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Ontogeny of monoaminergic system in the male and female brain of catfish and its input to gonadal development||2010||3||19||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Identification of candidate genes/ susceptible to endocrine disruptors that affect reproduction: Functional genomics and proteomic approach||2008||3||37.48||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Molecular mechanisms of gonadal differentiation in fish tracing candidate marker genes to monitor germ cell proliferation and gametogenesis||2004||3||24.673||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Molecular mechanisms of Estreogen induced brain and gonadal differentiation in Indian habitat fish species||2004||3||9||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Localization of GnRHs in brain during gametogenesis, and impacts of monoamines blockers and sex steroids on GnRH release using Indian habitat fish species||2004||3||6.66||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|
|Meiotic maturation of fish oocytes require steroidogenic shift: Interaction of hormone synthesizing enzyme and their transcriptional factors||2003||3||21.29||Prof. B Senthilkumaran|