List of the instruments at Metabolomics Facility
- LC-MS/MS Q-Tof
Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometer
- Make : Agilent technologies, USA
Model : 6520-Accurate Mass Q-TOF LC/MS.
- Specification :
- Direct Infusion Mass with ESI Positive & Negative mode ionization, mass ranging from 50 to 3200 m/z
- HPLC PDA Detector -Mass spectrometer
- Working Principles:
Liquid chromatography / Mass Spectroscopy (LC / MS) is a technique which combines high performance liquid chromatography HPLC, a powerful analytical separation technique with mass spectrometry, a powerful analysis & detection technique. There is a common atmospheric pressure ionization (API) LC/MS process: Electrospray Ionization (ESI). API processes are also compatible with most mobile phase solvents (volatile) & volatile buffers.
- Main Features of the Instrument:
Mass Range: 50-3200 m/z
Resolution: 20000 FWHM
High Mass Accuracy (Typically less than 2ppm)
Ionization Method : ESI positive & negative
Direct Infusion for Mass Analysis (MS, MS /MS)
- MS/MS function:
A. Sample Injection
C. Fragmentation (CID)
D. Ions travel through Quadruple and Time flight tube and reach the detector on the basis of their m/z value.
- Qualitative Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- Impurity Profiling
- Metabolite Studies
- Pharma & biomedical applications:
Gas Chromatograph with high resolution Mass Spectrometer (GC-HRMS)
- Instrument Details
- Make of MS : LECO
- Model : Pegasus HT TOF MS
- Specifications :
- EI Source
- Time of Flight Analyzer
- Mass range -50 - 1000 amu
- Mass resolution - 1000
- Make of GC : Agilent: 7890
A gas-chromatograph coupled with mass spectrometer (GC-MS) is a combined analyzer that has a superior ability in analyzing organic compounds qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Expected accurate mass can be provided.
- Solvent for mobile phase should be mentioned or solubility of compound in volatile solvent should be given.
- At present C8, C18 & others like cyano, amino, Si columns are available. You can submit the column of your interest for separation or repeatability of HP-LC run.
- Source of the compound should be mentioned.
- MS-DS (Material Safety Data Sheet) should be given along with samples to ensure that there are no toxic sample being given. Samples should not be toxic or hazardous. Samples will not be accepted unless accompanied by MS-DS.
User Charges of Metabolomics Facility:
- LC-MS /MS-Q-TOF, LC-MS/MS (ESI):
- Students of UOH: Rs.1500/- per sample.
- Students from other educational institutions: Rs.3000/- per sample.
- Persons from Industries: Rs.4500/- per sample.
- GC-MS, Library:NIST, GC_MS/MS
- Students of UOH: Rs.1000/- per sample.
- Students from other educational institutions: Rs.2000/- per sample.
- Persons from Industries: Rs.4000/- per sample.